From:
Arthur McConnachie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 18:33:23 -0600
This was a refreshing post!

I would like to add though that most people radically change their diets due
to health problems. Even a biologically correct diet may not provide one
with perfect health, simply because there has been some irreversible damage
done by eating the wrong way, often for decades. That's why people keep
searching for that elusive final 10% of perfect health. And diet certainly
isn't everything. I rid myself of most of my dry eyes/eye strain due to my
computer-related job by setting up an aquarium in my office at work: Paleo
furnishings  ;-)

Arthur McConnachie

I have been on this list for 2 years now.  At times it can be very
enlightening, unfortunately most of the time it digresses into scientific
muscle flexing.  It seems that Ray's book embraces simple eating and yet
this list often discusses refined products like brewers yeast, cod liver oil
capsules and supplementation.  These items can't be hunted or gathered as
found in nature.

. . .

I enjoy Ray's ideas (along with many paleofood-minded theories) because it
is essentially the basic food meant for mankind to eat.   Why must we
complicate it?

Just curious.  Anyone following NeanderThin and enjoying it?

Snowlight