From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 08:52:28 -0500
On Mon, 5 Nov 2001 09:19:10 EST, Sheryl Canter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>... Dietary cholesterol does not raise blood
>cholesterol--in fact it is the contrary (ref Sally Fallon and "The
>Schwarzbein Principle" by Diane Schwarzbein).

I thought, I did say this, *blood* cholesterol levels are *not* "directly
related to colesterol intake (most is body made)."
You claim that it's even opposite, but for *this* I don't see a reason.
At last your friend's high cholesterol input didn't cause low cholesterol,
it resulted in normal cholesterol values.

>The amount of cholesterol in red meat
>does not vary depending on whether the animal was grain fed or grass fed.

I subscribe to that.
But the cholesterol it contains doesn't matter, as you tell.
What matters are the real reasons, why the body makes too much cholesterol,
which is a strong indicator for a dangerous situation.

And this I (venture to) attribute to the bad fat composition of farmed
animal's fat.
Particularly the very low PUFA percentage and within this low PUFA even a
bad omega-6 to 3 balance.

That's not found in any wild game (except farmed game-type animals).
Try a comparisement on USDA (
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl ).

Predominating plant-based w-6 fats (sunflower,safflor etc) would have a
similar effect to expect.

Cheers, Amadeus