Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2007 08:41:48 -0700
Paleogal wrote:
> From: "Hilary McClure" <[log in to unmask]>
>> another species. Another is to go low carb and be in ketosis all the time
>> (I don't know whether it's important to be in strong ketosis, or if mild
>> ketosis is good enough), reason being that cancer particularly needs sugar
>> and insulin.
>
> From: "Marilyn Harris"
> This glucose is used
> exclusively for energy by cells such as neurons and red blood
> cells.[citation needed]"
>
> This could be something important for all cancer patients. Is it not possible to starve the cancer cells?  Better minds than mine are required here.  Todd?  Oliva

In the local clinic I used for EDTA IV therapy, they also do some cancer
treatments that uses glucose.  Since cancer uses glucose for energy more so than
other cells, they place the patent in to a hypoglycemic state and then give low
dose chemo therapy along with glucose at the same time.  The result is that a
lot more chemo is taken up by the cancer in order to get the glucose resulting
in a lot less side effects for the patent.

Another point, while the liver does release glucose on demand due to a low carb
diet, after about three days if the diet is very low carb, the liver's ability
to do this depleted and ketosis sets in more strongly.

--

Steve - [log in to unmask]

Take World's Smallest Political Quiz at
http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz.html

"If a thousand old beliefs were ruined on our march
to truth we must still march on." --Stopford Brooke