From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 09:37:56 -0500
Siobhan wrote:
> I think the point is that menopause is as natural as puberty.  Neither of
> these are diseases. Would one take something to suppress puberty?

Not the same, not the same. And we are not necessarily talking about
preventing menopause. We are talking about a potential health benefit from
HRT in aging people that can lead to a better life if not necessarily a
longer one.

Aging is natural, yes. But that doesn't mean we should not employ devices
that make our aging bodies feel better.

I get an occasional headache. If it's bad, I take a pill and feel better. I
first try magnesium, but if that doesn't work, it's Ibuprofen for me. I
can't see how an occasional Ibuprofen is going to cause me undue harm, and
it does improve how I feel, rather dramatically.

I have seen the same result through intelligent, natural HRT (progesterone
cream for instance)

--Richard