From:
Jan Harkness <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 08:39:42 -0800
Sheryl, I had congestive heart failure in 1996 and cut back on my salt to
nearly zero, and have not added it back into my diet since.  I no longer
have any heart enlargement, but I have become used to the flavor of food
without it.  Like you, if something is too salty, I refuse to eat it, or
rinse it off.  Eating out is difficult for us because we live in a rural
area and the restaurants are not the best.  This is why we don't eat out.
First of all, the foods are so full of crap that we don't eat and secondly,
the salt makes some unfit to eat.  We much prefer home prepared fresh food,
and we are retired, so we don't find ourselves in a situation where we have
to eat restaurant food. What little salt I do use is sea salt mixed with
Morton Low Salt.  When we travel, we do it in our RV, so the food and
kitchen is right there with us.  Ain't life grand?  Retirement sure is!
Jan in CO