From:
Paleogal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2006 09:06:40 -0600
From: "Todd Moody" <[log in to unmask]>3
Actual yams originated in tropical Africa.  So it all
> depends on your definition of "paleo."  One reason why I don't post much
> anymore is that I got tired of arguing about that definition, because
> the various positions (including mine) are so underdetermined by the
> available facts.

Ahhhhh, there he is.  The light at the end of the tunnel.

So don't argue about paleo.  You are an asset to this list and your posts
are sorely missed.  I'm still waiting on your book.  ;-)  signed please....

Sweet potatoes are awful. They taste like white potatoes with sugar added.
I don't eat raw.  Cooking makes nutrients more bio-available. I do eat yams.
I like the taste, the fiber and the beta carotene content.  They aren't
considered a nightshade, for which I have an intolerance.  I believe they
are a member of the morning glory plant.  Nightshades give me joint pain as
do grains and legumes.  I look for beneficial nutrients in todays food.  My
marker on what to eat and not eat is my body's reaction to the food.  I
can't go wrong with that one.  Oliva