From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 07:05:30 -0500
This came to my mind in the conversation over the acid/alcalind balance
in the body: Acidity in the blood seems to produce acidity in the
salvia as well.

But acidity in the mouth attacks and whashes out the mercury from amalgam
fillings - which a big percentage still have.
Mercury the poison!
Even in the time when eating a salad with vinegar the vinegar
acidity should whash out some mercury.
How much more will result from a long-time acidous salvia.

A good reason
1. to avoid mercury-containing fillings
2.to try to keep an alcaling or neutral salvia
  (this accounts to nutrition).

Sweets on the teeth are thought to promote bacteria which
produce acids which attack teeth. This is commonly known.
What results in a acidous ph-balance from nutrition
is rather good described.
(like http://www.islandnet.com/~emorgan/articles/PH.html )

Btw. my dentist explained me, that in times over the day when the salvia
is alcaline, the teeth remineralize.
In the times when the salvia is acid the teeh demineralize.

Any further ideas?

I try to monitor my salvia acidity from time to time now.

regards

Amadeus S