From:
Richard Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 14:12:37 +1000
On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:01:15 EDT, Jerry Stegenga <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>Yes, I tried 30 gm. CHO and couldn't lose or get into ketosis. I am now
into
>my third week of 0 gm. CHO and am holding steady on weight but am still not
>showing major ketosis. I feel fine. JerrySteg

I read on this list a year or two ago that if you eat more than 75 grams
of protein at a single sitting your body converts excess protein into
glucose via gluconeogenesis.

Perhaps this glucose is sufficient to keep you out of ketosis if you eat
heaps of protein and if your body has up-regulated the enzymes required
for gluconeogenesis as it would in the case of a long-term low carb regime.

 ...R.