Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2008 20:57:42 -0400
It's an excellent question. Food antibody panels such as Genova's test for
IgG and IgE antibodies in blood samples when foods are added to them.
Triggering antibodies is not the only way that modern foods like grains
cause harm. Also, the evidence on the accuracy of food antibody panels and
the effectiveness of the rotation diets they produce is scarce and
contradictory. Nonetheless, it is curious that modern foods don't score
higher than they do on those tests.

I had a food antibody panel test done myself and some of the foods it rated
as having high levels of antibodies do not give me any noticeable symptoms,
whereas other foods that it rated as having low antibody levels do lead to
symptoms. Other people have mentioned the same lack of pure correlation. It
was interesting, however, that I had high levels for a lot of foods, whereas
my father only had a few, which does correlate well with the fact that I had
much more food sensitivity reactions than him.