From:
Betty Ann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 09:23:37 -0600
With all the talk of the origins of this, that and the other thing
going on,
I hope you enjoy this humorous look at the history of the internet. I
know
we are a group with IDIC (infinite diversity, infinite combinations)
and I
mean no offense to anyone's beliefs. This is just humor.

Betty Ann
mailto:[log in to unmask]

"In a cat's eyes, all things belong to cats." English Proverb

>And, lo, it came to pass that the trader by the name of Abraham Com did
take
>unto himself a young wife by the name of Dot. And Dot Com was  a  comely
woman,
>broad of shoulder and long of leg. Indeed, she had been called Amazon Dot
Com.
>And she said unto Abraham, her husband, "Why doth thou travel far from town
>town with thy goods, when thou can trade without ever leaving thy tent?"
>
>And Abraham did look at her as though she were several saddle bags short of
>camel load, but simply said, "How, dear?" And Dot replied, "I will place
drums
>in all the towns and drums in between to send messages saying what you have
for
>sale and they will reply telling you which hath  the best price.  And the
sale
>can be made on the drums and delivery by Uriah's Pony Stable (UPS)."
>
>Abraham thought long and decided he would let Dot have her way with  the
drums.
>And Dot said, "There will be a lot of banging in the land".  And Abraham
>replied, "It is my most fervent wish that this be so". And  the drums rang
out
>and were an immediate success. Abraham sold all the goods he had, at the
top
>price, without ever moving from his tent.
>
>But his success did arouse envy. A man named Maccabia did secrete  himself
>inside Abraham's drum and was accused of insider trading.
>
>And the young did take to Dot Com's trading as doth the greedy horsefly to
>camel dung. They were called Nomadic Ecclesiastical Rich Dominican
Siderites,