From:
"M.E. Craddock" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 12:37:51 EST
In a message dated 2/1/01 10:36:57 AM CST, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< I don't know, but I have always thought that target weight
 estimates should take it into consideration.  I am 6'1" tall, but
 I wear pants with a 30" inseam.  When I used to practice karate,
 they would usually pair people off with people of about the same
 height for sparring.  Most people my height have longer legs, and
 the difference in stride length would be very noticeable during
 certain drills.

 Anyway, I just thought that short-leggedness might be an aspect
 of a more "northern" body type in general, perhaps also
 metabolically.

This is interesting to me, too. I am female, 5'10" and wear a 33-34 inseam.
My torso is also long. My husband is 6' and has a long torso and long
legs...34" inseam.
He has such a high metabolism, he can eat anything and has difficulty gaining
weight.
I work out alot and find that it I don't consume pretty fair amounts of
carbs, I have no energy and cannot sustain hard workouts. The heavy emphasis
on protein and fat does not work for me. I tried it for a long time, over a
year, and found myself getting sick more often than I ever have...not
sleeping well...not having enough energy.
I also had my thyroid and other stuff checked. There was no problem. Now that
I have added in more carbohydrates, I am feeling MUCH better. Working out
harder & sleeping more soundly.