From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 22:30:51 -0400
On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Philip Thrift wrote:

> "by natural processes -- a necessary assumption if we wish to
> remain within the realm of science --".
>
> What is the natural law of Intelligent Design ? Seems super-natural
> to me.

That's peculiar.  Both SETI and archeology are scientific
searches for intelligent design.  Are they also about the
supernatural?

One of the differences between Intelligent Design and creationism
is that ID theory makes no assumptions about the identity or
character of the designer.  If intelligent design falls outside
the range of science, then SETI and archeology are not science.
Indeed, if we take Dawkins at his word here, there are no social
sciences at all, since the behavior of rational agents is
generally excluded from the category of "natural processes."

Todd Moody