From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:11:47 +0000
>.... But the idea of chewing on some relatively soft
>bones is still far more appealing to me than boiling the bones for hours in
>order to extract the calcium. (But of course I might get more from them by
>the latter method.)
>
>Barbara

I've been eating the occasional bone, and certainly raw or rare meat, since
I was a child. The bone part was not very socially acceptable, and always a
guilty, defiant pleasure. Now I routinely bite the ends off the chicken
bones, and generally eat all the bone matter that's easy. I cook chicken
quite rare, so there is probably some good nutrition in them. I do also
make bone soups, with acid to dissolve out the calcium. I enjoy all these
flavors and don't do it out of nutritional desire.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!