From:
Snowlight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 06:04:41 -0800
From Semira: This research
>looked at two large populations, one vegetarian and one meat eating. One of
the things the researchers did was simply counting the amount of sicknesses
occurring in those populations. The results were stunning, in my opinion.
The vegetarians showed some 39 different illnesses, but in the meateater
population a whopping 137 illnesses were counted. Thought the PF list
readers might find that interesting...

Just a label of being a veggie or a meat eater doesn't tell us what the
diets you referenced consisted of.  I was a veggie for 13 years and gained
70 lbs from bad choices.  The meat eater population you refer to was a
general one and I suspect that both groups ate grains, legumes and tubers.
So suspecting that the meat was the problem is only one possibility, seems
to me there could be so many other factors.  The hilarious thing about
studies, they can prove anything!

Snowlight