From:
A Gryphon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 11:47:28 -0400
>But, I would think that the idea is to encourage vegetarians to eat more protein
>and less carbohydrates.
>
>Again, his goal is to establish the optimum state of health, by whatever
>means...

Well, I hope he presents a balanced view of soy. My own experience was
pretty bad.

Before I found out about paleo, I had terrible, terrible sinus problems.
After some research and some experimentation, I found that dairy was the
leading cause. I had always loved milk and thought that soy milk might be a
good replacement. I found a brand that was not GM, 100% organic, all
natural, blah blah blah.

I was drinking probably an average of 2 litres per week, but even at that
those phytoestrogens had a pretty horrendous effect on my body. I'll spare
you all the gory details, but I never want to go through that again.

Right around that time, I discovered this list and soon dumped all the soy
from my diet. The above-mentioned problem cleared up immediately and hasn't
returned, although the nurse at the clinic I went to had told me it was just
something I was going to have to live with.

I don't think 'soy' and 'optimum state of health' are really compatible
concepts.

Irene