From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 20:25:16 -0800
Peter:
 >> If you compare these figures to
 >>any of the estimates of what our hominid ancestors were eating on
 >>the African savannah of these four categories of foods, I think that
 >>you will find that you are quite off the mark.

Amadeus:
 >So, then would you specify what "any of the estimates of what our hominid
 >ancestors were eating" tell in your references? I'd be interested. Tell us.

Why?  You know them better than I do.   My question, which you
chose to ignore, was:

"Over a year what percentage of your diet in calories is tubers, grains,
seeds, and legumes respectively?"

Peter:
 >>..Your dilemma is that no matter how many compelling arguments
 >> you try to come up with,  it does not change the reality that you
 >>did not become a vegetarian because of "facts".

Amadeus:
 >And I am *not* discussing here, among a lot of meat eaters,
 >if it was good to become vegetarian or not.   Please let us keep
 >it this way.

Yet, that is exactly what you have been doing.   One reason that
you probably have gotten away with it for so long is that many of
the members of this list have a soft spot for vegetarians being
in large part reformed vegetarians themselves.

 >It has nothing to do with nutrition.

Can I quote you on this? ;-)

 >It was a bad hour when I once a few years ago said that I don't
 >eat any meat. The discussions were less disturbed before.

Not true.  Your obfuscating style of discussing has been an issue
for as long you have been on the list.

Peter