Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 19:45:48 -0500
Susan Carmack wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> >> Funny you should mention nuts.  Walnuts when eating 4C per day along
> with my
> >> beef short ribs sent me into heavy ketosis.
>
> What does ketosis feel like?
This depends. For me it's great - more energy, easier to concentrate and
think, etc. etc. For some it's nothing. Yet for some it's worse (e.g.
'brain fog').

> How do I know if I'm there?
Usually you wouldn't without a test (you might be able to make a very
good guess, though, by how you feel). The only exception is when you
are in ketosis so deep you breath starts stinking.

>Is it good or bad?
> What is it?
While I am really tempted to start answering you, I am going to tell
you to read Protein Power or Atkins' New diet revolution to get the
full picture (more or less). If you are eating paleo you are
already 90% of eating low carb (well, probably), so it wouldn't be such a
big change for you.

Ilya