From:
Batsheva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 2010 11:59:05 -0700
________________________________
I am enjoying this lively discussion, and its nice to see that we are all human.
 Lots of diets look great on paper, but the proof is in the pudding..no pun
intended.  So, if something is not working for you, then we are creatures of
adaptation, right?  Here's a few tips I've found to be beneficial to keeping me
off the neolithic nasties (i've been a Primal Eater for almost 8 years).

1.  IF you sense you might be jumping off the wagon soon, load up on a meal of
fatty meat.  Pork really does it for me.  Find a butcher who doesn't trim the
fat off the pork chops, and eat that edge of fat  like candy.  Don't even use a
fork or knife.  Just go commando.  Don't even wipe your chin.  Really get into
it.  Then eat another chop after the first one goes down.  Cook the chops in the
oven with almond butter sauce to make it even richer.  Forget the words should
or could just for this meal.  I promise, veggies will still be there waiting for
you next time around.

I doubt you'll want any bread or jam or chips after this meal.

2.  If you feel the sugar devil about to pull you off the Paleo train, try this
 idea.  It works great in the evening.  Mix raw almond butter or hazelnut butter
with carob powder, touch of salt, touch of non alcohol vanilla extract and some
water to make a creamy paste.  Eat that straight with a hot cup of tea, or smash
some fresh raspberries or blackberries or apple slices into it.  Its really rich
and hits the spot.  No cravings for twinkies or reeses cups should resurface for
quite some time after this treat.

3.  Eat at least 2 eggs every morning with a at least 3 ounces of some sort of
meat or fatty fish on the side for breakfast everyday.  Eat some cooked green
veggie with it, and a tablespoon of nuts or nut butter before you walk away from
the table.  Then check in with yourself and see if you are missing english
muffins or bagels.  I don't think so....

Okay, my point is don't hold back on the fat, and the myriad of satisfying foods
in the Caveman pantry. THe longer you stay Primal, your body and mind will fall
into place.  The rest of the world will start to look increasingly silly.   As
far as weight control, just realize that if you were living and sleeping outside
on the Savannah, you'd need more fat in the cold weather, and you'd shed that
fat naturally in the heat.  Since we now have to live mostly indoors, then just
move more in the cold, and relax in the shade in the summer.  Embrace being a
caveman/woman and see where it leads.  Sorry if this is simplistic, but I guess
that is just part of my de-evolutionary process... LOL.

Best wishes to everyone on this path.

Batsheva