From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 13:55:27 -0800
Hello,

I was in England a few weeks ago, and was reading The Times when I came across
the following quote in the "Medical Briefing" by Dr. Thomas Stuttaford:

"..insulin resistance is much higher in the morning than later in the day."

This means that carbohydrates eaten at breakfast cause a greater insulin spike,
than the same amount of carbs eaten later in the day.

The implication is that a carb-free breakfast, with any carbs postponed to the
later meals, is best both for health and weight loss.

--
Cheers,

Ken