From:
Charles Alban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 15:01:34 EST
First off, you are eating far too much!  Five eggs w/meat,fruit & potato for
breakfast? Lunch and dinner, and snacks as well? No No.

Less food will give you more energy. You are burning a considerable amount of
energy just to digest all that. The native paleo people who lived in my area,
on whom  I model my lifestyle, only ate twice a day. And they did not eat
first thing in the morning -- they would do physical work first. You may have
noticed that when you hike, or take other exercise, your appetite diminishes.
This is a survival mechanism, to allow long distance travel with little or no
food. Try it, you'll find it works.

One of the best ways to increase energy is to fast. Sounds like a paradox?
Well, it works like gangbusters. Atkins talks about this, and my native
peoples frequently went on 5, 10 or even 40 day fasts before some important
event, such as a war party. The fasting, after the first 48 hours, increases
energy. And fasting is not so hard to do, and is even pleasurable, if you eat
just a little carbo for the first two days - a little fruit, say. I do it
frequently, particularly if I'm getting a little weight gain.

It's hard to tell, but I think my native peoples probably ate at roughly a
1/3 carbo: prot: fat ratio. Fats and proteins came from acorns, seeds,
insects and wild game animals. Complex carbo came from roots, tubers, berries
and leafy plants.

Don't consume milk in any quantity, because of its high sugar content (half
that of a soft drink), and thus high glycemic index. There is a 91%
correlation between milk consumption and coronary heart disease (also breast
cancer - see "Seely on milk"). Cheese is ok, because no sugar (lactose). Fat
triggers the satiation response, so you are better off consuming relatively
more fat, and you will desire less overall.

Charles