Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 21:40:07 -0700
I  have heard that there are many edible tubers in Africa
today and I KNOW there are many  wild
 roots that can be eaten in North America today;  not just
potatos!

> > I see no suggestion here that early man lived entirely
on plant foods, which
> > is what Amadeus consistently proposes as feasible.

FROM  personal observation some people today live on fake
food for long periods of time and still live!

Sailing history indicates that a sailor can live four or six
months on poor food before dying.  But a tiny bit of plant
food will keep a sailor in good health.

> Amadeus has never proposed the thesis that early man lived
> entirely on plant foods.  Never.

WELL  it would not hold water,   They ate meat in the form
of bugs.   As man must have a few animal vitamins or can not
live to maturity-  In some cases these are supplied by a few
highly nutritious insects.   If Amadeus does not eat his bug
ration he will not be around a year from now!   Unless he
takes synthetic bugs, ( a  multivitamin pill.)  This was all
discovered when some vegetarians moved to a place where all
plants were sprayed with but poison so they ate plants with
no bugs  and came close to death before the facts were
exposed.

> One of the big figures in naturopathic doctrine in the 60s
and 70s was Paavo
> Airola, Finnish-born who wrote the classic naturopathic
text 'How To get
> Well.'  His was a high grain, fruit and vegetable diet
with seeds and nuts,
> and small amounts of eggs and yoghurt. He died of a stroke
in his early 60s.

One person does not prove much. (Unless it's Me.)   However
a diet like this ----"'  His was a high grain, fruit and
vegetable diet with seeds and nuts,' ---- Is  FAR  SUPERIOR
TO  what you may  see in many grocery baskets tomorrow in
any supermarket.

> And John Harvey Kellogg, quack vegetarian extraordinaire,
died at
> age 91.  Vegan G. B. Shaw died at 97.  Go figure.

WELL  I  WILL FIGURE  that these guys lived before
vegetables were free of small bugs --  so  they got their
essential vitamins from small unseen creatures that were on
their vegetables daily.

  Also Two persons prove little more.  but  I  will pose
that these two were extremely intelligent and active
persons ---------two traits that usually lead to unusual
lives  and sometimes long lives under adverse circumstances.

It takes only a little imagination to visualize that
"sometimes for long periods"  early peoples may have not
been able to catch animals  but In my vivid imagination I
can not believe that they ever were unable to find insects
to eat  for long periods!  Can you?

Thimk for me too ,   Lorenzo