Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 11:53:19 -0800
John C. Pavao wrote:

> When you say that food becomes ashen as time progresses, is this something
> you've seen evidence of, or is it something you "know"?

This was explained to me in Gray's booklet. And when I used his program
(but other people's products) I saw the evidence. Mucous doesn't look
like mucous when it comes out that end. The closest to it is the
lymphoid jelly. What you see is the regular matter. You also see clumps
and ropes stuck to it when taking the psyllium and herbs. These clumps
can be the same color as the regular stuff or darker, a dark green or
black. You will also later see ashen color stuff. What Gray describes I
experienced. Self hypnosis? Not that I've experienced before or am aware
of.

> but how does this
> mucous get removed from the intestinal walls of a baby who is
> breast-feeding?  I'm no expert on babies, but don't babies on soy formula
> have a lot more digestive problems than breast-feeding babies?

Good point. I don't know what's going on there. I think partly you gave
your own answer. The soy formula is probably *a lot* more
mucoid-forming.

> their food supply like?  Sanitation?  Crowding?  Is there not some reason
> why they have this problem?  If it was truly a universal problem, then this
> country would be in a panic (meaning the US).

I don't know but I think intestinal parasites are common in the US as
well. I have tried to get doctors to test for them but they refuse. It
can be done just the way it is for pets. I think that most people,
doctors included, don't want to know or think about it. The malaysians
food supply is worm containing. But is ours not. Apples? Fish? Their
sanitation isn't as good and there is some crowding. But I don't think
these things dominate what I think is true, that we are subject to
parasites from our environment every bit as much as we are spores,
bacteria, and viruses.

> Are you saying that they feed primarily on the
> junk that's stuck?

Yes. Like stagnant water.

> Is there anything to back this up?

Just what I've read others have experienced.

>  I mean, people who
> stop eating foods that support candida seem to stop having symptoms fairly
> quickly after stopping.

Yes, it seems that candida feed off of carbohydrates mainly. Candida
also seem to feed on hormones. The symptoms are reduced when carbs are
reduced. I haven't eliminated carbs completely to see if the
relationship holds. A problem is that candida is airborne. I have taken
yeast medication that stopped all symptoms, but they returned in two
weeks. By the way, everyone has candida present, it's just that some
people are effected badly. I think it's an immune system break down as I
said. Candida, I've read, are responsible for cadaver decomposition.
Candida are also responsible for diaper rash.

> As for the 300/15 people and constipation, what were these people eating?
>  How old were they when they died?  When it comes to things like this, my
> viewpoint is that all data is suspect until proven.

I think that's a good viewpoint. The people I neglected to say were
autopsies performed at a "National College in Chicago."

> How can I possibly think the data applies to me when I do
> not eat what they do?

But what did you eat before?

> I'm trying to make is that in my view much of this topic has become a
> belief system to many people

To some extent, I think this is true of me too.

> People are so convinced that we need all kinds of
> fiber from plants that aren't even edible in order for our bowels to work
> correctly that it frankly has me baffled.

I am not convinced. But I do know that dairy makes me constipated. I
just can't seem to break the dairy addiction even tho I can feel my
bowels aching with digested food that is stuck inside. I'm not convinced
that you need vegetables or fruits (for their fiber) if you completely
eliminate certain foods. I'm not convinced taking psyllium is safe or
good. I pretty firmly believe that bran is dangerous and so probably is
long term use of psyllium or herbs. I would hope people would change
there diet to be regular healthy bowel movement conducive and use the
psyllium only medicinally to cleanse.

> I'm fairly convinced that the "mucous" you see is the actual Metamucil or
> whichever seed husk product you're taking.  But I'll tell you what.  I'm so
> bent on proving this one way or the other that I'm going to try it on
> myself.  Somebody tell me which brand of this stuff I can get with nothing
> added (no sugar, no nutraweet).

You can get just plain psyllium at health food stores or progressive
groceries. I recommend the one with the intestine picture on it as it's
cheaper. The mucous you see is definitely not the psyllium. Take it easy
on the stuff, will you? It can be very powerful and in large doses
constipating.
You are unlikely to see too much until you use the herbs. One thing,
look before you start using it so that you can see the change.

> I will report my "findings" to the list.
>  (Sorry, I don't have a scanner, though! <g>)

There are some things to be thankful for. ;-)

Micke