Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 03:05:33 GMT
>    I am a non-strict paleo.  I cannot eat raw meat (don't like it), and large
>    amounts of fat make me physically sick (diarrhea, stomach ache).  Also, I
>    have a hard time eating protein for breakfast because it seems so "heavy" and
>    "hard" for me to digest, and I feel like a have swallowed a brick!  I usually
>    have whole grains in the morning, like oatmeal, and some orange juice on the
>    side.   I cheat regularly to maintain a feeling of well being, but my health
>    is improving anyway, and I have more energy now than I did before.  ~ Cathy

Before I embraced paleo, I would occasionally eat out for breakfast, ordering
eggs, bacon, toast, hash-browns etc: typical Amurrican b'fast. Whenever I
drank orange juice, I invariably got that heavy, dyspeptic feeling you
describe. No OJ, no indigestible "brick" in my guts.

Look for food incompatibilities! BTW with grains for breakfast, U R not paleo.
I bet your digestion hasn't adapted to true paleofood, maybe just being stuck
in some meta-state. But then, maybe it's just YMMV and I'll shut up.