From:
Jim Cales <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 08:38:51 -0600
You are very correct.  Eating raw is actually not paleo at all.  In fact
while it uses much the same food items overall there is the time difference.
Since current thinking places the use of fire at about 400,000 years ago
then it would fall in that area rather than the Paleolithic area.  Same
great food, different style!  :-)

As for the digestion aspect:  I think that is something a person simply has
to try to understand fully.  I am continually amazed by the lack of
digestive problems in my body when I eat 100% raw as opposed to cooked.  I
speculate that it is because of the enzymes that the food carries which
assist in digestion.  That makes it easier for me as I do not have to
provide more enzymes from my body.  Let's face it... cooked food is very
dead.  Sterile in fact from the cooking.

I would say that eating paleo for at least 6 months before going to raw food
is a good idea.  Switching from the SAD to raw food is like driving at 100
mph and suddenly stopping.... at a brick wall!   Not pretty.

Jim Cales - [log in to unmask] - ICQ UIN 1492607
Columbia, Missouri USA  65203 - (573)875-5581 - MSN:[log in to unmask]
http://www.ComputerGuruForHire.com