From:
P & L Ventura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 10:01:35 -0500
> Point is,
> Einstein certainly spent a great deal more time outdoors than my husband,
> who spends his days working with computer networks in the middle of a large
> building, far away from any windows, and comes home when it's dark outside,
> and goes to his office in the basement where he spends several more hours in
> front of a network of computers.
> I guess if you can take time to smell the flowers then perhaps you can find
> time for other things as well. And any man who can appreciate a
> flower...well, you see where I am going.

Yes.  I have a basement mole too.  Didn't even notice the birds singing
spring for over a month, and he's the one who usually fills the feeder!
I think his IQ's slipping after going from long-term vegetarian to SAD
(forgetting things, making mistakes), but his interest is a tad better
after adding meat and a little fat back into his diet.  As a germaphobe,
he won't touch any animal food that isn't completely sterilized, and
can't watch me eat my food dripping with blood.   So, needless to say, I
spend lots more time out with the flowers redirecting "that" energy, and
I enjoy the hell out of it.

> Geniuses of the past didn't have computers
> and such to provide distraction from the world around them. It seems sensory
> overload would have not been a concern 100 years ago.
> Stacie

I think that's a big part of why they were geniuses.  There's a lot of
knowledge out there today, but very little wisdom, IMHO.

Lois