From:
Hilary McClure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:55:41 -0400
Adrienne Smith wrote:

> I'm hoping others will have thoughts on this but there do
> seem to be some confounding factors.  First of all -- many
> post-meno women are over-fat or obese -- this in and of
> itself increases risk of many hormonal cancers.  Does
> "adjusted data" mean they take differences in body fat
> compostion into consideration?  Also, what were these
> post-menos eating WITH the meat? Most Americans don't
> dream of eating red meat without bread/buns or fries/potatoes
> or creamed/cheesy spinach side dishes.

What else they were eating is what I was wondering, too. Cancer seems
to have triggers, and then also needs growth promoters. If what Loren
Cordain is saying about betacellulin is true, then it doesn't take
much dairy to promote cancer growth. One would need access to the raw
data. This particular study doesn't mention dairy consumption.