From:
Bruce Kleisner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 02:13:04 -0400
Hi Don Wiss,

> But supposedly charred meat has a
> carcinogen. Here is a page

Yes, a diet of charred meat, refined sugar, white flour,
powdered eggs, vegetable oils, processed milk, chemicals,
pesticides, additives, and toxic pollution correlates to
cancer. Correlation isn't causality. Wearing sunglasses
doesn't cause skin cancer.

> Most of their suggestions to mitigate this carcinogen aren't paleo,
> e.g. use lean meat, trim off fat, and remove charred areas.

I thought modern hunter-gatherers were immune to cancer
and other degenerative diseases (though not infectious
diseases). Blaming one cause involves reductionism. If
we believe raw-foodists, both the fat AND protein turn
into toxins when cooked. More reductionism.

Regards,
Bruce Kleisner.