From:
TrombaHam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 08:56:55 -0600
Way to go Dori!!  Now, if we could only get articles like this in all
local papers across the country!  Here's the eMail I sent Art Carey:

Hello,

I'm a 39-year-old man from Chicago and have so far lost 80 of my 440
pounds by doing EXACTLY what the Eades prescribe (my height is 5' 8", so
you can see I'm morbidly obese).  My blood lipid profile has improved
dramatically, and my primary care physician tells me that I've cut my
cardiac risk factor in half.  He also tells me to keep doing whatever
I'm doing, although I must admit he's a pretty mainstream doc and
doesn't really care to get too much into the specifics.  I think his gut
tells him that it would go against everything he's learned and preached
in the last 20 years, so he pretty much steers clear, but gives me his
full support!  I'm a lucky man in that regard . . .

I'm simply writing to say THANK YOU!  Thank you for having the chutzpah
and journalistic integrity to trumpet what a growing constituency knows
to be the truth:  that is IS indeed carbohydrates, and not fat, that is
making the country (and world, for that matter) overweight and very
sick.  So many of your colleagues in journalism, across all media, do
not have the guts or insight to speak out against the establishment.  As
more professionals like you begin to really learn for themselves (as I
and many others have) and cast aside the ill-begotten low-fat dogma in
favor of THE TRUTH, then perhaps the tide may shift and many, many, many
lives will be saved.

Thank you again very much,
Chuck Spindler
Skokie, IL

Incidentally, group, after reading (and being very inspired by) Walter
Voegtlin's "The Stone Age Diet," I've decided to make the shift to an
exclusive meat/fat diet.  Made the change about a week ago and so far I
feel fine and can tell that my fat mobilization is beginning to pick up
again.  Wish me luck . . . (although I'm sure that Voegtlin
{rest-in-peace}, Ray and many others wouldn't think I need any luck
doing this!!  :-)

By the way, meaningful aside, how many of you have eaten poultry from a
"live poultry" store??  Last evening, for the first time, I got a Capon
from a local live poultry shop here in Chicago.  Alive at 10:30 am, dead
at 10:45 am, in my oven at 3 pm.  I cannot tell you how unbelievably
delicious it was.  Never having had it before, I really wasn't expecting
much, but the difference between that and store-bought is truly night
and day.

Well, gotta run and make my sunny-side-up duck eggs for breakfast!

Chuck