From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 07:37:25 -0400
On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, matesz wrote:

> I've been following your reports of frustration with fat loss.  I think that
> you could get great results by doing 20-30 minutes of weight training 2x a
> week along with 3 (20 minute) sesions of High Intensity Interval Aerobics.

Thanks, Rachel.  I decided last week to incorporate the
suggestions of a number of people here, to do something about my
weight gain on Neanderthin.  First, I am emulating the behavior
of people who have been successful.  So, as you and Phillip
Thrift have suggested, I am using leaner protein and reducing
fats somewhat.  It is obvious, for example, that Phillip is not
suffering from "rabbit starvation," despite consuming large
quantities of lean meats and little carbohydrate, so he is
getting adequate fat in the lean meat tissues themselves.

Second, I am up-stepping my exercise program, modeling it on the
Phillips "Body for life" plan, as you suggested, including the
high-intensity interval aerobics.

Third, I am relaxing paleo requirements to include a bit of
cheese, to take advantage of the CLA contained in it.  Again, I'm
following the example of the person on this list who did this to
lose some body fat (on my advice, ironically).

Fourth, I am eating smaller meals, spaced out through the day, as
Phillips recommends.

In the past week I have lost three pounds.

Todd Moody