From:
Charlotte Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2008 10:28:32 -0400
I experience the same craving as Gale... for fullness.  For me too, satiety
from grains is different than from paleo meals. Though, higher fat and
higher carb meals - like ground lamb with mashed butternut squash is much
more satisfying and filling than lettuce salad with chicken breast.

I was curious to see that Leonie finds carb loading ever other day helpful.
I'm new (Hi everyone!) and still transitioning onto the diet and figuring
out what works for me. I find that every 3rd day I get strong cravings for
non-paleo foods. If I give myself one non-paleo meal every 3rd day, I don't
have cravings on the other days and am very satisfied with the paleo foods.

A few other things fun things I've discovered while learning to eat paleo:
- food is surprisingly tasty without added salt, sugar, processed
condiments. I didn't think I'd like it, but I genuinely do!
- meal planning really helps me stick to paleo eating.
- veggies and fruit are a much heavier (literally) source of carbs than
grains.  I walk to work, carrying 3/5 of my daily meals with me.. my bags
feel 5-10 lbs heavier! My arms are actually getting tired from all these
heavy veggies.

I look forward to learning from all you knowledgeable folks on the list.
Charlotte