From:
David Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 2012 16:20:36 -0800
Could the biblical record be so wrong? Of course it could be. There are a
few factors involved. Using grammar and writing styles, most scholars
believe that the Old Testament was compiled from various local scriptures.
There are 2 separate creation stories put together in the first part of
Genesis. The first creation story has man and woman being created and the
second one has woman coming from Adam's rib.

Also, Hebrew has no word for a very long period of time. Genesis mentions 6
days (Yom)of creation. The wide eyed true believers claim it is literally
six 24 hour days. It starts to ring truer if the hebrew word yom is not a 24
hour day. The Hindu scriptures have the word kalpa witch means about 4.32
billion years. So their creation stories make more scientific sense.

There are a few deluge stories among the various people of the area. They
probably came from periodic massive fast flooding that may have only left a
few survivors. As stories get passed on they become more fantastic.
http://www.black-sea-atlantis.com/black-sea-atlantis/
-David