From:
Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 2009 18:06:07 -0500
On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 10:00:10 -0500, Paula <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> For some reason they believed
> EVERYONE had to partake of garbage in order for them to be happy ....

Interesting. I've encountered that too. Some people are not happy unless
everyone around them eats what they do--even if they recognize that it's
unhealthy. It may help them feel less guilty about eating bad stuff. Eating
only healthy foods around others highlights for them how bad their own diets
are.

First, you aren't going to have much luck convincing other people, at least
not in the short run. So my advice is to learn to accept that.

There are some parents (usually mothers) who feel it is ungrateful or an
insult not to eat their best recipes. You might try asking if you can eat
modified versions. It's better still if you can set up a grill outdoors, out
of the way of your parents' kitchen, and cook your own foods.

Some people think that those who won't eat modern foods are anti-social
fanatics who are probably mentally unbalanced. It's important to always act
calm, cheerful and rational around such people and don't bother trying to
argue with them.