From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2008 21:23:29 +0000
We rawpalaeodieters get this sort of food-hygiene hysteria all the time. We regularly eat things like rotting meat, raw shellfish etc., with no side-effects(with many having done so for years), yet the media love to, mistakenly, inform us every so often that one supposedly will die in horrible agony from eating raw-animal-food for more than a very short period.

Geoff > Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 17:19:57 +0000> From: Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>> Subject: Washing fruit> > More news from the BBC (are you all bored yet???)> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/5153554.stm> > This time asking if we should wash fruit. Pretty shabby reporting, > focuses on pesticide residues but does not mention organic farming.> > But this is what makes me laugh: "Fruit is also at risk of > contamination from dust, dirt and bacteria as most of it has been > stored in warehouses, travelled in containers and stored again in the > premises of the retailers. ... [Washing pieces of fruit] ensures that > they are clean and that bacteria that might be on the outside are > removed."> > And there was me worrying if eating vegetables covered in soil was > dangerous :-S> > > I agree though that this is really drummed into people. I had someone > once ask if I'd washed an apple that he saw me PULL OFF A TREE. > Anyone got any similar experiences of food hygiene paranoia?> > > Ashley
Share what Santa brought you
https://www.mycooluncool.com