From:
LEVI Julien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 11:56:40 +0200
Hello Paleodieters!

Here are 2 questions about pemmican:

-Could anybody please help me locate where in a beef is the "eye of round"? I can't
 find it in any of the dictionaries whether on line or printed.
 (If anyone knows the equivalent word for it in French, it would be equally
 appreciated).

 For now, I've prepared it with other parts and it worked quite well, but since "eye of
 round" seems to be the best, I'd like to try it...

-what do you mean by "saturating" the meat powder with the tallow?
 Adding enough so that the powder looks wet?

 When I do this I obtain something delicious but which doesn't "hold" in one piece,
 but I may be doing something wrong...
 It tastes delicious but it's hard to carry (except in a box) and I am a bit
 concerned that it doesn't contain enough fat then (considering Ray's advice to
 obtain a large amount of calories from fat on a diet where meat is predominant).

Lots of thanks!

PS: Pemmican (or rather, my "would-be" pemmican for now!) tastes delicious when I dehydrate and powder some liver and heart with the meat. Try it sometimes!