From:
Kristina Carlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 10:02:46 -0700
Interesting - I rarely eat fruit, maybe once a week as a treat and I try to stick to barely ripe, sour apples and/or pears. But if you are eating fibrous veggies surely your carb intake is not zero?!

What veggies do you eat specifically and what exactly was in that mixed-greens salad? The appealing thing about this is that there seems to be less volume per meal. Would you agree? I have digestion problems and eating large volume, even if it's low calorie, tends to give me problems.

Today I brought ground turkey and okra. I purposely brought less turkey (about 3 oz per meal, and 2 oz for a snack) and I put about 2 tbsp of coconut oil on the okra versus my usual 1 tbsp. I love lettuce and could eat it every day, but I have food intolerances and am supposed to be on a 4-day rotation. Different lettuce types are still in the same family so should only be eaten every 4 days as well. The veggies I stick to mostly are celery, cauliflower, spinach, lettuce, some carrots but not often, only raw, and not many, kale, occasionally brussels sprouts, occasionally egg plant, and some green peppers. That's pretty much it. I tend to eat more during the week than I do on weekends. I take 1 tbsp of Carlson's Cod liver oil on my food daily, in addition to coconut oil, goose fat, and olive oil. I eat coconut oil daily and the other oils several times throghout the week. I should ideally be rotating the coconut oil as well, but I love the stuff.

Thank you for all the feedback. I will re-read Rosedale's book. I don't recall veggies being limited or low. Actually, I seem to remember that veggies can be eaten in unlimited quantities. My company is doing a free healthcheck next month so I will get my fasting glucose re-tested as well as cholesterol, triglycerides and all that good stuff. My cholesterol and such is always really good, but my fasting glucose has been close to 100 at times. Oddly enough it has also been around 90 during a late afternoon non-fasting blood draw. Not sure what that indicates.

Thanks again,
Kristina

Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

That's right. Zero. No fruit or non-fiber veggies. There's your problem, Kristina. You're almost certainly not in ketosis, or fat-as-primary-energy mode. No wonder you'd be craving protein. Re-read Rosedale.

Last night I had pot roast, a mixed green salad with almond oil and lemon, and iced tea. Oh, and a teaspoon of olive oil just before I ate.