From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 1998 21:28:51 +0100
At 13:49 1998-01-02 -0500, Todd wrote:

>f simply soaking beans makes them edible, then it
>would seem that we *have* had time to adapt to them, since
>soaking can be accomplished at paleolithic technology levels.
I think You have to look further back in time for this.
A stone and a stick makes it possible to eat large amounts of animal
food, but the adoption to it is much older. For humans to be adopted
to soaked beans means that it had been done for millions of years,
and I doubt that. So there is a *risc* that bean proteins are alien.

- Hans