From:
Heathen Girl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 16:10:26 0000
Actually I would love to do that Michael. The only problem besides the cost of fish around here would be that my kids do not really eat fish. Actually my son is pretty picky about all meats much to our dismay. I would like nothing more than to have tuna and salmon sashimi for lunch every day as it has got to be one of my favorite foods, although now I am a bit disapointed about this whole soy thing because it throws off my soy sauce dipping. I wanted something easy to give them like I do with their vitamins and herbs. They just love to take all that stuff. The only thing is the oil was way to nasty. I will maybe try the flavored stuff next but beyond that we may have to just omit that for awhile.

As a mom I worry about my children constantly growing up with all this "crap" everywhere. I really hate to see what they feed them at daycare but I am unsure about how to go about changing it. We have gone at home from snacks being crackers to snacks being nuts and fruits. We don't eat bread to much or anything like that. But at school breakfast is always cereal (Some sugary god awful stuff) or muffins and toasts. Snacks are almost always crackers and they drink milk. I have told them to cut out the milk because my kids do not care about that but they get very upset having to eat different stuff than thier friends. My son who is 1 sees the other kids getting the good junk so why can't he. My daugher who is 4 wants to be a part of everything as well. I am really looking for any ideas on how to make my children heathier. My son has been enemic <sp> since he was born and my daughter is very hyper (more so when we allow sugar or starches). I feel like the one sane parent in the midst of coco flakes and sugar snacks..... <sigh>

We all do our best I guess. It's just hard with all that pressure on them to eat that packaged garbage.

Melissa