From:
P & L Ventura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 20:15:18 -0700
Below is an recent Mayo Clinic study/article on sinus infections,
fungus
and immune response.  If you're familiar with candidiasis, you will
know
that antibiotics will only perpetuate fungal growth by killing off
beneficial organisms and weakening the immune system that keep fungus
in
check.  It is very difficult to kill fungus once it is established and
feeding off body tissues.  And all sugars, and other carbs, including
fruits, are great party foods for fungi.  (Just ask the
well-established
colony I have in my small intestine, as well as systemically!  And,
relating partially to the article below, I have an eosinophil party
going on at the same time, with lots of monocytes cleaning up after
the
party-goers.)  This is not to say that ALL sinus infections are
fungal,
nor that other factors can play a roll but, dang!, fungus in 96% of
the
patients is no small number.

Lois