From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 13:42:28 -0400
On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Andrew Shelley wrote:

> If the Omron Body Logic body fat calculator is simply an impedance tester, it
> may be possible to obtain the same result more cheaply by using an ordinary
> low cost ohmmeter in conjunction with a height/gender calibration chart.

Certainly.  I imagine that what you are paying for is the
programming to (a) sample the impedance a number of times and
take an average (else why the 7 seconds; the calculations don't
take that long), and (b) convert the impedance reading to a body
fat percentage, using some formula.  I presume that the ohmmeter
has to be sufficiently sensitive, too.

Todd Moody