From:
Dean Pistilli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:18:11 +1100
I'm also an analyst/prog, though my experience is that when I get fully wrapped in work (concentration etc.) I almost dislocate from my body and hence ignore it. So when I do come back to Earth I realize how starving I am, since i haven't eaten/drank for a while and then this can cause over consumption. However, I am underweight and have no prob. with that.. I do have a prob. if I overconsume carbs in at that time, since it triggers an unpleasant cycle to keep eating carbs (sugar) even if full. Protein doesn't have this effect, and if I eat a block of cheese or pro/fat, I am satisfied right away. Yeah true.. concentrating on a little box in front of you for 8+ hours is not so paleo. I also have to force myself to do some physical muscle/weight exercise when I get home to balance the mind/body thing.. else I would veg out due to mental exhaustion while the body was hardly used during the day.

Dean.