From:
krosenth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 11:23:42 -0700
From: "Matt Baker" <[log in to unmask]>

> I've recently started taking 1000mg glucosamine, 850mg MSM, and cucurmin
and
> ginger (don't remember the mgs on these).  How long does it take for these
> to work?  (And does anybody know what the latest info is on how/whether
> glucosamine adversely affects blood sugar?)  Are there any other
supplements
> you'd recommend?

Hi, Theola.  So sorry you are having to deal with this.  I am not a doctor
but, if I were you, I would try the following:

o    L-lysine and L-proline taken with green tea extract (made into a tea)
1/2 hour before meals 2x per day.  The L-lysine and L-proline will help
preserve collagen.

o    Cox 2 inhibitors:  cherries are very high in Cox-2 inhib.  Would they
interfere w/ your asthma?  One possibility:  taking concentrated organic
black cherry juice mixed w/ pure water before bed.  Take with a few walnuts.
The black cherry juice contains melatonin also and may help with sleep.

o    Blueberries are a good anti-inflammatory.

o    Are you getting enough fish oil, olive oil, etc.?

o    Go online to the Gale Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine on
Looksmart.  Do a search on arthritis.

Kath