From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2006 09:12:53 -0700
On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 06:12:02 -0700, Kristina K. Carlton
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> Anyway, I was wondering if there any foods or remedies that will help to
> get
> over a cold faster? I've had muscle aches and pains, a sore throat that
> turned into a cough, and a stuffy nose since Monday evening. It feels
> worse
> today than yesterday. I also have no energy.

Ginger tea is good.  Slice about an inch of fresh ginger root into 2 cups
water, can add a little lemon juice and honey if desired, simmer 10
minutes.

I have very good results with Cold Snap, a commercial Chinese-based herbal
remedy.
Take a lot of it when you are first coming down with something; I take two
capsules every hour until I start to feel I have turned the corner, then
cut back to 5 times a day, and then to 3 times a day for a few more days.
It usually works very well if you get to it early enough.  My acupunturist
said that about 2/3rds of people she knows respond very well to it, and it
does nothing for the other 1/3rd.  Fortunately I am among the 2/3rds.

If you have a fever, you should eat nothing or eat very lightly.
Lots of liquids are good (they ALL say that :-)

If you have a hot tub or sauna available to you, and do NOT have a
fever, you can help your immune system by making an artificial fever.
Sit in the sauna or hot tub for a reasonable session, then bundle up
and go to bed.  Sweating is good.  The critters ailing you just HATE
fever; it definitely deters their life cycle.  That's why your body
often makes a fever to fight them.  For that reason, it's best not to
take aspirin or tylenol when your temperature is up.

	Lynnet