From:
shirley sommers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Dec 2008 18:56:53 -0800
Last year while deciding to toss some unused cook books I paged through a couple of Suzanne Somers' books.

 BINGO !  I found a lot of Recipes and ideas we can use , as is or with a little tweaking.
A cold weather fav is Cauliflower soup but yesterday I made the 12 to 18 hour low temp  slow roast pork picnic  found in the S.S.'s Get Skinny on Fabulous Food edition.

The recipe calls for a shoulder but since I jut got 200 pounds of raw picnics for the dogs I decided they could share ;-))  Hey at  99 cents a pound it was just  the thing to do.
 Mine only needed 12 hours. First thing this morning  I took it out of the oven and stripped off a piece of crispy skin encrusted with herbs. I need to start every morning like this .

For supper we used some for Romaine lettuce tacos with tomato , avocado a few walnuts  and a sprinkle of the left over basting concoction of lemon juice and EVOO ...........

I couple of pics here
 http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v16/scooterbug/PALEO/?albumview=link

12 hour slow roasted fresh pork picnic roast. Deeply slashed and   with LOTS OF crushed fennel seed, fresh garlic and crumbled dried chilies rubbed into all the cuts. Basted with a lemon juice and EVOO mixture.

Ya gotta try it .

Can't wait till tommorow.
Shirley