From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 11:35:09 -0600
>So a baby would not be damaged by free glutamate in its mothers milk,
unless
>its mother was eating a very unbalanced diet.

Obviously, some did not catch the fact that I was being facetious when I
made the comment about mothers' milk. It was merely my inept attempt at
responding to the "it's a known neurotoxin" mantra. That particular
response to nearly everything was getting kinda tireseome.

Anyway, I'll go ahead and bite on this one, being the silly worm that I am.

1) How do you *know* that the free glutamates in mom's milk are *not* bad?
Is this simply an assumption based on the notion that if it's naturally
occuring it must be good?

2) How do you know that free glutamate levels in mom's milk can change if
an unbalanced diet is followed? And, going back to the corollary of
question 1- why, if an unbalanced diet is followed, do the free glutamates
suddenly become harmful to the baby?