Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 12:34:20 -0400
Paleogal <[log in to unmask]> posted this:
>>Being prone to insulin resistance in my family, I have hit many stalls in
the past eating sausage and eggs for breakfast.  Separately, they cause me
no problems....

>>Bloating.....  This does not occur if I eat only whites with the
sausage or eat a three egg omelet with no sausage.  Does anyone else have
this problem who is prone to insulin resistance.

Reply:
I don't think it's about insulin resistance. If you eat egg whites with
sausage or eat only 3 eggs and no sausage, and don't have the bloating, then
it sounds like it is an issue of total fat. Above a certain amount of total
fat, it sounds like you are unable to digest it; you don't produce enough
bile.  This can happen after I high fat meal if if one does not have insulin
resistance.

I think it would be wise to avoid eating high fat meals and incorporate more
leafy green and colorfulful fibrous veggies into your meals, and add some
whole fruits.

Rachel