From:
Jean Risman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 May 2003 12:55:16 -0400

> Yes indeed.  If your goal is to lose weight, you must restrict your eating
> somewhat, especially of fruits which  are Paleo according to Neanderthin
> (though our modern supersweet fruits weren't a part of Paleo diets).
> You don't need to count grams or calories, but you do need to use
> restraint.

I found that I began to lose weight when I eliminated all fruit from my diet
other than berries. I buy frozen Maine organic wild blueberries which are
yummy (I live in Maine) and have been able for the past month or so to get
fresh organic strawberries. I also eat nuts but only 2-3 handfuls a day. I
don't restrict myself in any other way except to stick to paleo. What seems
to have happened is that on this diet I no longer have the intense cravings
I used to. I must admit that last night I had to fight the urge to go pick
up a pint of Ben and Jerries at the corner store, but it wasn't to difficult
to not give in and I imagine that my ice cream fantasy far exceeds what the
actual enjoyment would have been, or maybe not :).

Jean