From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 1999 17:38:22 -0700
"Elle W." wrote:

Now, I have a question.  Even though I am eating paleo, I have still tried to

> balance out my protein and carbohydrates per the Zone or paleozone.  Is this
> what most people do, or do you find that your blood sugar stays stabilized no
> matter what you eat?  Sometimes I wish I could just eat an apple without
> having to have a chunk of meat with it...but after the cottage cheese thing I
> am a little afraid of experimenting.

The Zone has too much carbo for me, and much too little fat.  Since I dropped
carbos to about 40 grams per day, I never have a hypoglycemic incident (which was
a frequent occurrence before).  I only eat fruit in the evening, never more than
one serving daily.  My snacks are hazelnuts or pecans, never fruit.  I've lost 12
pounds in about seven weeks.  Daily intake (I keep track on the Dietwatch
software; thanks to whoever recommended it): 60-80 grams protein, 30-40 grams
carbohydrate, 90-100 grams fat, calories 1250-1400.  I do NOT restrict the
quantities I eat, I just eat the amount that I want, but I'm very careful (paleo
and lo-carb) on the food choices.  It's been interesting to see the daily tallies
come up pretty consistently, without any restriction on my part.

Lynnet Bannion