From:
Mike Lillie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 18:49:58 -1000
My last message came through w/o wordwrap so I'll try once more..

Wiley and Formby do indeed bring the paleofood discourse to a new
level.  In pre neolithic times, carbohydrate supplies were tied to day
length, hormone and reproductive cycles. Our paleolithic ancestors
became  insulin resistant by the end of summer in  order store
fat to make it through until the next spring.     We have had only about

80 years to adapt cheap artifical light.  Wiley and Formby contend that
the spike in chronic disease that began about 80 years ago is tied to
more than distorted eating patterns brought about by
the neolithic revolution and the more recent rise of industrial food
production....

In a world of 24 hour light and year around carbohydrate availability,
Wiley and Formby prescribe paying attention to the spin of the earth and

seasonal food cycles.   I can't recommend "Lights Out" highly enough.
Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0671038680/qid=1014582120/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_71_1/002-6063925-4400063