From:
Ken O'Neill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 2010 18:46:16 -0600
While Friel and Cordain did write a fitness book, I find the new Paul
Burke's Neo-Dieters Handbook, the dietary companion to his fitness book
Burke's Law more in line. Paul knows Paleo quite well. More importantly,
Cordain and Friel's work is more appropriate to high intensity aerobic
events such as those Friel competes in as a cyclist, a rather catabolic way
of training - one definitely catalyzing robbing of skeletal muscle BCAAs for
glyconeogenesis.

Crossfit is apt to be a better choice, limited only by the ability for
finding mildly competent CrossFit trainers - I've seen too many of them
teaching movements they've not mastered themselves and hurting people doing
it. Far better is Scott Abel's MET training, which incorporates CrossFit
modality and lots more; unfortunately, Abel's cycle diet bears no
appreciation of Paleo.