From:
Erik Fridén <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 21:33:01 +0100
--- Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]> skrev:
> If we consider vitamins too, should we make up our
diet of 1/4 protein, 1/4 fat, 1/4 carb, and 1/4
vitamins?  This is the logic that is being applied -
it
just happens that 3 x 1/3 is a maintainable ratio for
many people.

But vitamins are micronutrients, not a macronutrient
(fuel). Apples and oranges...

> The other issue I have is the ignorance of what TYPE
of fat, carbs etc should make up that 1/3.  According
to www.mcdonalds.co.uk, a "Deluxe Bacon Quarter
Pounder With Cheese" is approx 1/3 protein, fat and
carbs.  Does this make it a good food because it has
some mystical golden ratio of nutrients?

Haha - point taken!

EF